Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Lost Coin

I was reading my Bible earlier and came across this passage in Luke about the Parable of the Lost Coin. It's short, but I think it's so beautiful. Check it out.

"Or what woman, having ten silver coins if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.' Just so, I tell you there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:8-10

I just love the imagery here. I like this passage because it's all about how awesome the gospel really is. Even Angels in Heaven celebrate when someone believes. Think about someone you know who isn't a Christian and how excited you would be if they told you they believed. It's just like that in Heaven. Anyway, this is just something to meditate on. Hope someone gets some use out of this.

-Ashley 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you have a blog! I do too! haha although i'm fairly new at it :) love this post though, very cool to think about

    ReplyDelete