Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolve to:

I love the new year. It's probably one of my favorite times of the year. It's a fresh start and anything can change. Most people do this through making resolutions. It's ten days into the new year and many of us have already broken New Year resolutions. I'm not going to lie, I've broken almost every single one that I've made. I'll let you in on what I'm trying to change for this year.

1. Quit biting my nails. I have been a nail biter for as long as I can remember. My sophomore year I quit biting them for about a year but for one reason or another I started again when I was a junior. I'm determined to kick this bad habit this year. There's no reason for it and if I'm being honest, my nail biting is kind of disgusting.

2. Start running again/be active and eat healthy. Everyone has this resolution I know. I ran a lot my freshman and sophomore years because I didn't have any other outlet for physical activity. I absolutely love running. It can be painful because of how flat my feet are but it's so addicting. My hope is that by the end of this semester I can run a half-marathon.

3. Pray more. I struggle more with praying than anything else in my relationship with the Lord and I really want to improve on it. I love talking to my Heavenly Father but sometimes I just get sidetracked. There are a few other things that are encompassed in this resolution. In order for me to focus more on prayer I'm going to adjust some parts of my lifestyle, like watching less T.V., a lot less.

These are what I hope to improve upon for the year of 2011, but above all else I just want to fall more in love with the Lord and learn how to glorify Him better. My church here in Columbia had a Covenant Renewal Service last night. It was quite possibly the best thing I've ever done to kick off a new year. I was able to put Christ at the center of my new year and remember what my life is all about. My life is not my own, and I want to live with this in the forefront of my mind. I hope we can all resolve to follow the Lord and fall more in love with Him.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment