Monday, May 30, 2011

CHANGE

                                                             My parents and me after graduation.
                                                            We're too cool for school. Love them!
                                         A few of the awesome friends that have enriched my life
                                         so much these past four years.  
                                 
So many things have changed in the past month that my head starts to spin if I think about it too much. Most of it has been good and welcomed but some of it has been a difficult. Nonetheless, I've learned a lot from all the different things that have happened in the past few weeks.

The first and biggest change: I GRADUATED! It's weird to think of my self as no longer being in college. I recently went to the optometrist to get new glasses and more contacts. While filling out paperwork, I had a bit of an identity crisis when I had to fill in the blank for occupation. That's when it really hit me, I can no longer just jot in student. There are, of course, other changes that have come along with graduating. More than most of my friends are moving to different places, some are even moving to different countries and a few are even getting married. 

All of this means that life as I have known it for the past four years, is over. Now it's on to new opportunities and  different adventures. While all of this transitioning could really freak me out, it doesn't. I have come in contact with a few people in the same situation as me that haven't been so calm, cool and collected. I can't say that I blame them. There have been times that I've wanted to worry myself to death about what's going to happen in the future and how I'm going to handle it. The only thing that keeps me from literally going insane is my faith. I've come to realize that while most things in life are going to change as I grow older, there are a few things that stay the same.

First, God is unchanging. His character, His plan and everything about Him will always remain the same. This is extremely comforting to me. I cannot cling to the things of this world, because they are so fleeting. But the Lord and His promises are always the same. I can trust in Him and He is faithful. He is faithful in every situation. He is alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. I hold fast to this and this alone. 

Second, while my circumstances may change, my purpose doesn't. I was created to Glorify the Living God. I can do this in all situations and the Lord has given me the power to do so. Whatever I do in the future vocationally has no effect on my purpose in life. As long as I am looking to glorify the Lord in all that I do, I can't go wrong. Knowing all of this makes figuring out that next step so much easier. It's so freeing to know that my life is not defined by my salary or occupation. I find purpose in something much deeper than these things and this gives me unspeakable joy and peace. 

No matter what happens in life,The Lord is sovereign. Relationships may end and occupations may change, but the Lord doesn't. If you are in a period of transition, I hope this has been comforting and encouraging to you. Sometimes this is all that gets me through the day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment